Incurable dreamer. Unintentionally absurd. Given to random moments of stream of consciousness thinking-out-loud, which confuses people around and seems to bother small animals. Passably intelligent about the useless stuff. Damnably idiotic when it comes to the simple stuff.
In other words, painfully ordinary. But now and then, a flash of the extraordinary comes through. Or maybe that’s just the neighbor playing with mirrors again.
Or, if you want a more technical definition:
1. A hypothetical place where the unpleasant realities of life can be ignored.
2. To exist in a secluded world, ignoring everyday reality.
3. A really tall structure made of the stuff from elephant’s tusks and mahjong tiles. Oh, and old piano keys, too.
1. Same thing as an ivory tower, but lower to the ground. Smaller. With no elevators. So you can’t get all high and mighty on yourself.
2. In my world, there’s a piano in there too.
Then there’s the treehouse. Which is just another hut, pretending to be a tower. I promise not to morph into one.