It’s a beautiful morning

The disadvantage of being on Eastern Standard Time out here in the west is that your body wakes you up at 4:38AM and soon after, it wants breakfast.

ivoryhut San Francisco Bay Bridge sunrise

The advantage of being up at 4:38AM is that you get to catch one of the most beautiful sunrises you’ve seen in a while.

ivoryhut San Francisco Bay Bridge sunrise

Never mind that I was standing on the window ledge, in my pajamas, and folks standing on the street may have thought I was two shakes shy of a cocktail.

That’ll just the be perfect setup for the rest of my day.

14 Responses to It’s a beautiful morning
  1. Christine
    February 10, 2011 | 11:01 am

I have been reading your blog for a while now and I’m excited to see that you’re in San Francisco (where I work) enjoying the view! I walked right by that exact spot this morning, a couple hours after you took this photo probably. Enjoy the city, it’s going to be a beautiful day!

February 10, 2011 | 11:08 am

Have a wonderful time! Great to hear from you.

3. Miz boo
    February 10, 2011 | 11:46 am

Are you in my room? :)
    See you in a minute….
    Beautiful pictures.

4. Lulu
    February 10, 2011 | 12:59 pm

Welcome to the city, kababayan. I hope you have a great time and enjoy our lovely weather! I know Lolli (in your group) but I just begun reading your blog via Ree whom we interviewed the other day. I like your spirit. Best wishes to you!

5. Paula
    February 10, 2011 | 5:43 pm

Beautiful photos Erika, enjoy your stay in San Francisco.

6. SMITH BITES
    February 10, 2011 | 6:16 pm

oh Erika ~ it’s days like today i’m grateful for friends like you who get to travel to the West Coast and take photos like this; and then you share them with those of us longing for warm weather and sunny skies . . . as we look out on the frozen tundra that surround us. enjoy your time!

7. Lynne Kovan
    February 11, 2011 | 1:14 am

What a lovely shot! San Francisco is one of my favourite places, especially that bridge! Thanks for sharing it with us!

8. T@teacupmoments.com
    February 12, 2011 | 5:34 am

gorgeous shot, erika!

9. Lardon My French
    February 14, 2011 | 12:43 pm
  10. Lolli @ Better in Bulk
    February 14, 2011 | 4:01 pm

I just wish one of us had been outside to capture a picture of you taking pictures in your pjs. Cuz the rest of us East Coasters were up, too. :) So good to meet you this past week!

11. Sasha @ Global Table Adventure
    February 22, 2011 | 2:32 pm

Peaceful photos – thank you for sharing a little bit of joy on a chilly day here, in Oklahoma.

12. Kristen
    February 22, 2011 | 5:08 pm

Stunning…simply stunning!
    Hope you are well, my friend :)

13. honeybeecooksjackfruit
    February 22, 2011 | 8:52 pm

Enjoy your visit. Hope to read more from you soon, because youre an excellent writer. Take all the time you need to heal from such a devastating event, though at least you all luckily survived. Cried reading about your son saving his grandmother. Sending hugs from the blogosphere!

14. FishScr
    April 22, 2011 | 5:21 am

It’s so beautiful.Thanks for the sharing.