1. Pretty colors can sometimes be a guide to creating new recipes.
2. When you miscalculate the amount of ground meat needed in a recipe, it helps to have a good meatball, bolognese sauce, and meatloaf recipe handy. Especially when your grill is out of commission and you’re too tired from a 10-hour cooking marathon to go grilling burgers, anyway.
And most especially when the miscalculation is somewhere in the neighborhood of 12+ pounds of excess ground meat.
3. I really need to learn how to sew.
4. I think I may end up being one of those people who puts coconut milk in all their ice cream flavors. (Please tell me there are other people like that.)
5. Just because both hands are wrist-deep in raw meat doesn’t mean you can’t find ways to enjoy a glass of wine while cooking.
5. Cooking with my mom is always, always a blast. Because this is what she looks like and how she smiles even after 10 hours of cooking.
6. I love my mama. And when people see the old photo below of me and my mom and tell me I look just like her, my heart swells and I feel like someone just paid me the biggest compliment in the world.
Yeah. That last one wasn’t really random.