The Bar

the bar-7615

Please make these. Make these right now.

the bar-final2-7566

Head to The Pioneer Woman Cooks and read as I fumble along trying to explain how to make these. There’ll be sticky knives and enough butter to drown a small squirrel, and yes, more photos of eggs.

21 Responses to The Bar
  1. Sue
    December 14, 2009 | 12:05 pm

These look so wonderful! I jumped over to PW for the entire process:) I am going to make these for sure! I have a fabulous filipino daughter-in-law (since April ’08)and I have never made anything from the Philippines! Also, I now have a little 5 mo. old grandson from that union, so am happy to have a delectable baked good to make for him:)

2. burstmode
    December 14, 2009 | 1:16 pm

oh goodness, I wish I knew anything about baking.

3. Pink Martini
    December 14, 2009 | 3:36 pm

Thanks for the tip! :)

4. sarah
    December 14, 2009 | 4:33 pm

Beautiful! These look absolutely delicious!!!

December 14, 2009 | 8:34 pm

Hut, you are right. I do want those. Now.

6. JodieMo
    December 14, 2009 | 10:03 pm

I made them and they were so awesome. I posted them on my blog too because I thought everyone should make these things. Thanks for stopping by. BTW, I got the whisk at Williams-Sonoma…don’ t you just love that store?

7. bzmomma
    December 15, 2009 | 6:05 pm

oooOoooOOOoo…Food for the Gods, um, I mean “BARS”!

I <3 these and will be making them for Christmas give aways along w/some Pulvoron ;)

8. Fernando Gagelonia
    December 15, 2009 | 6:47 pm

I guard against carbo but these are just too tempting!!! When will I get my Fedex pack? :)

9. Lisa
    December 16, 2009 | 12:33 pm

I had to make sure you know this, I LOVE THIS RECIPE. I didn’t have the walnuts, but instead I added shredded coconut and some caramel pieces to the mix. I threw on top chocolate chunk pieces and it came out fabulous! Everything you said the cookie bar would be, it was! I made enough to already sent it out to go to the Middle East to my old work buddies. Thank you for sharing this recipe, its a keeper!!!

10. A Loopy Life
    December 16, 2009 | 2:15 pm

Food for the Gods! I was wondering what “The Bar” was! Now I have to make it. reminds me of the annual christmas gift I used to get from my bestie when I was still living in Manila!

11. Sasha "sweet thang" Holloway
    December 18, 2009 | 11:04 pm

I want to make these RIGHT NOW .. yum girl.

12. Stephanie
    December 20, 2009 | 12:55 pm

Oh wow! These were delicious! I made them after seeing you post them on PW’s site and all I can say is WOW. Hubby took them to work in little treat bags and got rave reviews! Making another batch today for my work :) Thanks so much and Merry Christmas!!

13. Kathleen in Michigan
    December 22, 2009 | 6:49 pm

I saw this recipe on PW and had to try it. This past weekend was cookie baking and we made these.

I managed to overcook them because when I checked them first they did not seem to be even close and next time I checked they were overdone.

They are still delicious although a little dry. I am looking forward to making them again.

14. Gerry
    December 28, 2009 | 10:30 am

Wait, wait – I tried to go fetch and couldn’t get to Pioneer Woman. What on earth??? Lemme guess – the site collapsed from all the hits on The Bar?

15. Tracey
    December 28, 2009 | 4:21 pm

I made these with the plan to share with our friends and family…somehow I “forgot” to include The Bar in any of the goodie boxes we prepared. Mwahh ha haha ha, all mine! They are delicious and with all the nuts and dates I just pretend they are healthy too.

16. ivoryhut
    December 14, 2009 | 1:31 pm

I hope they like them! Oh, and it might be a good idea to make sure the little one isn’t allergic to nuts first. I wouldn’t want his first taste of these bars to be tainted. :)

17. ivoryhut
    December 14, 2009 | 1:32 pm

I wish I knew anything about baking too. :) Seriously, these are easy to make.

18. ivoryhut
    December 19, 2009 | 2:41 pm

So glad you liked it, Lisa! And I can’t tell you how cool it is to think of these bars being sent so far away. Awesome!

19. ivoryhut
    December 19, 2009 | 2:44 pm

Sigh. I love polvoron. I wonder if I can get one of those polvoron gizmos here, to shape them properly. Because I’m sure that, if I had to do it freehand, they’d resemble nothing that I’ve seen before. :)

20. ivoryhut
    December 19, 2009 | 2:44 pm

Jodie, I thought your post was awesome, and I want one of those whisks. :)

21. ivoryhut
    December 28, 2009 | 10:54 am

Haha! Good one, Gerry. I’d say “In my dreams!” but even my dreams have at least some element of reality to them. :)