Sand

Confession of the day: I can’t build sandcastles. Not even if my life depended on it. I couldn’t even construct a sand hill if you asked. Yes, I’m that pathetic.

Just about the only things I can do in the sand are scribble random words, and dig random holes. Random is a big thing with me, and I like to pretend that it’s deliberate. Especially when I have no idea what I’m doing.

No, that’s not my gigantic hairy foot. Thank goodness. I was just sitting under some shade, taking random photographs. Because, unlike me, other people have no trouble finding things to do in the sand.

I guess the menu just wasn’t enticing enough for this guy. But c’mon, who could resist an order of … umm … frozen cafe?

Guess this kid wasn’t into the frozen cafe either. He was too busy digging. I thought of offering some help, since I do have a bit of experience with digging myself into various holes, but he looked like he had it all under control.

Hmmm. Maybe I should have asked him for pointers instead.

8 Responses to Sand
  1. Stephanie
    February 3, 2009 | 2:20 pm

I’m no good at sand castles, either, but I think I’d do all right at laying IN the sand. And I’m sure I couldn’t be too bad at digging a hole. You never know, though…

2. Shrewspeaks
    February 3, 2009 | 3:44 pm

I only build them in my mind. I love these…the foot is interesting…but the digger what a great mini series.

3. karma
    February 3, 2009 | 10:05 pm

I love the digger too, but can’t help but chuckle at where his bathing suit rests – any lower and I think he’d be a plumber! ;-)

4. Jenn
    February 3, 2009 | 11:29 pm

I can’t build a castle either, but I have watched my uncle build some AMAZING ones, either you got it or you don’t. I love your photos. I am attemping to get away from the auto modes with my canon S5, any suggestions for good indoor settings?

5. Tips Photo
    February 3, 2009 | 11:33 pm

I love these pictures. It is great to just sit back and watch what other people do on the beach. My favorite is the kid digging in the sand. Thanks for posting these pictures.

6. C.Kay
    February 5, 2009 | 11:47 am

You’re taunting me aren’t you? LOL
    I miss the beach

7. Scott Thomas Photography
    February 6, 2009 | 1:45 pm

How come whenever I go to the Caribbean it rains and the water you see here is grey and the sky is, well, grey, too. Must be me.

Great shots of your time on a beach. As for the digger, I’ll leave it up to you ladies to comment.

8. tga
    March 6, 2009 | 10:32 am

what camera are you using to shoot the boy digging
    in the sand? how did you get that brilliant color?